Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full frame or crop for auto photography?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full frame or crop for auto photography?

Hey guys, I am planning on replacing my Canon T6 but I'm still undecided on what to get. I like the feel of the Canon but I'm not sure if I should upgrade to something full frame or stick with a crop sensor body and put the extra money into some good lenses. I would like to do more automotive stuff and wonder if the money is better spent on lenses or a bigger sensor.

The first question is what is your budget? Also, have you already invested a lot in crop lenses for the T6?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus.Kennedy View Post
      The first question is what is your budget? Also, have you already invested a lot in crop lenses for the T6?
      I would like to stay around $2500 but willing to spend a little more if necessary. Right now I just have the 18-55 kit lens that came with the camera, so I won't be losing any money on lenses if I go full frame.

Comment

For $2,500 I would step up to full-frame. They generally shoot better in low light. You can pickup a 6D with a couple primes or a decent zoom In that price range. If you can spend more then you might also want to look at the EOSR.

Comment

Go full frame. I would probably go with the EOSR but the 6D is an awesome bang for the buck camera and there are a ton of lenses available.

Comment

Get an 80D and use the leftover money on some good lenses. The crop sensor cameras have come a long way in the last few years so your money is better spent on good glass.

Comment

Since you haven't invested any money in lenses, now is the best time to upgrade to full frame if that is something you want to do. If you get another crop camera and start buying crop lenses, it will be harder / more expensive to upgrade to full frame in the future. Either way you decide to go, the type of camera is less important then the person behind it.
              Live to shoot, shoot to kill.

Comment

Might as well go full frame if you are shopping anyway. But Kaito hit the nail on the head; you are your best investment.

Comment

+1 for full frame!

Comment

+2 for full frame.

Comment

+ 2.5 for full frame, but your lens choice is more important than the camera IMO.

Comment

If you can afford to go full frame then do it. Don’t spend more than you need to on the body though. Get an affordable full frame body so you have more money for glass.

Comment

Thank you all for your feedback. I have pretty much decided on full frame. Now I'm thinking I should probably wait a couple months and jump into an EOSR when I get my tax return.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven33 View Post
                            Thank you all for your feedback. I have pretty much decided on full frame. Now I'm thinking I should probably wait a couple months and jump into an EOSR when I get my tax return.
                            Hopefully they will have some more lenses for it by then. But at least Canon released better lens choices when the EOSR was launched then Nikon did with the Z6/7...

Comment

Originally posted by Nfocus View Post

Hopefully they will have some more lenses for it by then. But at least Canon released better lens choices when the EOSR was launched then Nikon did with the Z6/7...
                              I think Nikon is going to start releasing some more lenses for the Z6 & Z7 soon. They announced a new $6k manual focus lens that will be coming out soon LOL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Thank You :thankyou: Robot :robot: I'm New Here :imnewhere: Call Me :callme: BS :bs: Thread Jacked :threadjacked: ROFL :rofl: I'm With Stupid :imwithstupid: Candle :candle: Beer Bong :beerbong: Toilet Claw :toiletclaw: Salute :salute: Juggle :juggle: Censored :censored: A La Broche :alabroche: Two Cents :twocents: Dispute :dispute: Liar :liar: Chop Wood :chopwood: Argument :argument: USA :usa: Shhh :shhh: LOL :lol: Cock Blocked :cockblocked: Baby :baby: Violin :violin: Shock :shock: Merry Xmas :merryxmas: Cool Photos :coolphotos: Ball and Chain :ballandchain: Waving :waving: Shrug :shrug: Mow Lawn :mowlawn: Bomb 3 :bomb3: Ban :ban: W2LW :welcometolastweek: Sign Here :signhere: Neener :neener: Error :error: Beamup :beamup: Whip :whip: Sleep :sleep: New Year :newyear: Explosion :explosion: Beef :beef: WTF :wtf: Cheers :cheers: No Comment :nocomment: Fart :fart: Double Bird :doublebird: Yeah That :yeahthat: Smoking Joint :smokingjoint: Nut Kick :nutkick: Give Me Beer :givemebeer: Birthday :birthday: Take Cover :takecover: Smoking Weed :smokingweed: Oh the Drama :ohthedrama: Good Post :goodpost: Not Worthy :notworthy: Smile :) Sniper2 :sniper2: Old School :oldschool: Shredding Guitar :shreddingguitar: Blue Ninja :blueninja: Big Grin :D Spam Guy :spamguy: Pac-Man :pac-man: Word :word: Boring :boring: Stick Out Tongue :p Sport Bike :sportbike: Double Pistol :doublepistol: Happy New Year :happynewyear: Boxing 2 :boxing2: Studying :studying: Police :police: Heart Eyes :hearteyes: Bravo :bravo: Surprised :surprised: Rain :rain: Help Sign :helpsign: Buried :buried: Frown :( Huge :huge: Butt Moon :buttmoon: Toothy Grin :() Think :think: Rock Out :rockout: I'm Sorry :imsorry: Canada :canada: +1 :+1: Thumbs Up :thumbsup: ROFL2 :rofl2: Jason :jason: Car :car: Afro :afro: True Story :truestory: Santa :santa: Lay Rubber :layrubber: Chicken Catch :chickencatch: Ambulance :ambulance: Typing :typing: Seeing Stars :seeingstars: Listening :listening: Clap :clap: Australia :australia: Uzi :uzi: Shifty :shifty: Mario :mario: Coke Sniff :cokesniff: Backfire :backfire: Wave :wave: Shower :shower: Minigun :minigun: Cussing Argument :cussingargument: Balloons :balloons: Wedgie :wedgie: Sigh :sigh: Naughty :naughty: Dope :dope: Bang Head :banghead: Welcome Wave :welcomewave: Slap :slap: Newbie :newbie: Drool :drool: Beavis and Butt-Head :bandb: Wrong Forum :wrongforum: Crazy :crazy: NOS :nos: Facepalm :facepalm: Biker :biker: Xmas :xmas: Flower :flower: No No :nono: Freedom :freedom: Axe Chase :axechase: Zzz :zzz: Smoking Pimp :smokingpimp: NX :nx: Golf Clap :golfclap: Blah :blah: Sniper :sniper: Oh Yeah :ohyeah: Google :google: Blue :blue: Embarrassment :o Soapbox :soapbox: Owned :owned: Gun Toting :guntoting: Bomb :bomb: Wink ;) Sparta :sparta: Club :club: Hammer :hammer: Bow and Arrow :bowandarrow: Strong :strong: Poke :poke: Hater :hater: Boxing :boxing: Mad :mad: Superman :superman: Popcorn :popcorn: Help :help: Bump :bump: Confused :confused: Swords :swords: Razz :razz: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X